Friday, September 09, 2005

Renee A Nuisance...
September 9, 2005 09:58AM (MYT)
THURSDAY 8th


I fed you mashed bananas, you licked the spoon and immediately your face shows the disagreement. “A few more spoons la baby” I said, “u need potassium you know”. But still the head keeps turning away from the bowl, so unlike you at all, usually when there is food, you would stick your face and hands in it. Then I opened the fridge to grab a strawberry for myself, this time you pulled my hands close to lick the strawberry, you liked it, u keep wanting more, so I mashed it and fed you. A few minutes later kakak blended a glass of orange juice for me, I gave u some and u finished it. I gather from this scene that you are like Rayern –both like sour fruits.

Mami went for dinner with Ah Yee at The Rib Shop. After dinner babee called me, he has landed and is already on the way home. I said I will be leaving dinner soon.

I reached home at 10plus and when I opened my room door, I saw both my precious on the bed with my babee. What a nice sight! All 4 of us were rolling on the bed, each time you were close to the bed edge, I said “fall down” and you recognize the word, you look at me and move forward again. Lights went out at 11.30pm. S N O O O O O R R R ….

FRIDAY 9th

Today my baby you turn 10months old, you woke up at 7.50am with a broad smile on your face. You stood firmly beside my bed and called out "uuurghh" I picked you up and sniffed you, already missing you before going to work. I left you in the room alone to take my shower, when i came back you were playing with the DVDs, u smiled at me again and continued...

This morning babee was supposed to send me to work, but when I came down for my shower, I saw ah-mi’s room door opened. She and ya-ya was planning to go to the market and they offered to send me to work. We went to Old Klang Road market to buy vegetables and had a wonderful plate of wonton mee at the opposite coffee shop. Renee Yap started being a nuisance after she saw 100+ in the fridge, she wanted me to order, I did, but she wouldn’t allow ah-mi to take a sip. She cried loudly and stamped her feet, ya-ya said she didn’t have enough sleep. She wanted her jut-jut, I handed it to her and she started her nonsense again. As I can never tolerate a child behaving this way, I pulled the jut-jut out from her mouth and threw it right in to the drain…

Je-je cried all the way from OKRoad to Bangsar. No one spoke to her, no one sympathise her, ya-ya explained to her why mami had thrown away her jut-jut…she stopped crying after a while when she realized no one was bothered at all. I reached the office and I got down without looking at her.

If you ask me now, I do feel guilty for treating her in such a way especially early in the morning. But I just had to…I feel that she is getting out of hand, many may say that she is cute, sweet and all, but she cannot be cute and sweet for the rest of her life. Manners and discipline implementation will have to start from young. I told babee about it and he too agreed. Sorry darling, mami is trying to save you from being hated by people that likes you so much now. It is just another learning curve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home