Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Pest-cifier

One of my list-topping new year resolution is to quit Renee on her Pacifier a.k.a jut-jut. So, the day after her 3rd birthday, which is also CNY Eve - 28th Jan 2006, I decided to take her off "it". I found a worm near the garden and placed it next to the pacifier which happens to be on top of the cistern. I brought her there, took her by surprise and when i showed it to her, she just freaked out! The toilet, the worm and the jut-jut there...no no no...

Since then she has not mentioned the word jut-jut to me nor to anyone else. But when it came to bed-time, she was in pain, she cried for close to 30 mins persuading me to give it to her. She kicked up a ruckus, became a menace but eventually night after night she overcame the hardship and firmly refuses the Pacifier now even when offered! She was a lil' pesty for a week and now she is officially off the hook!!! yea...

I am proud of you sugar-pie!

5 Comments:

Blogger Egghead said...

wah lau!

cruel mum vs. pacifier addict daughter

cruel mum wins!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Ricket said...

I weaned off my daughter's pacifier by applying some bitter tasting medication bought from pharmacy. one time only. she is off it for good.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:19:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hi, I'm Tracy. Got to know about ur blog thru Egghead and Jess.

Bravo to u and ur idea of putting the worm. And u had to suffer for a week? Gosh. But really heartaching to see her yearn for her joot joot, rite?

I'm trying to wean my girl off her 'choot choot' too but is always unsuccesful. Applying something bitter was off cos she loves taking 'Bou Ying Tan'. Applying medicated oil was off too, she took her 'choot choot' to wash.

Maybe I'll give ur method a try. But search for worms first.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger kiLikiNa said...

wow! you're a scary mother. if i were renee, i would continue using the pacifier because i love playing with those stuff i.e. worms, frogs, spiders, cockroaches and all. i grew up with them! but, my mom was lucky. i hated the pacifier since day one.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger On behalf of Lauren said...

Good on renee girl .. finally off the damn pacifier ... sigh... egghead- i am also cruel as what some ppl say coz i never wanted to give lauren the pacifier ... hehehehehe

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home