Friday, February 10, 2006

Its all about CommunicationS

Conversation with Renee before I left for work yesterday morning: -

Renee: Mami, you going to work ah?
Mami: Ya lor..
Renee: Mami, don't go la, oin-oin with me la (she was still rolling in bed)
Mami: Cannot la darling, have to work, I see you later ok (kiss her over and over)
Renee: Ok, goodbye mami, i see you at 4 o'clock ok (walked me down to the car)

At night, while I was preparing to go meet up with A.Soo Kee and attend Arthur Kung-Kung's birthday: -

Renee: Mami, you go where?
Mami: I am going for a party and dinner
Renee: Mami, you bring me ah?
Mami: No Renee, it is an adult reception, only for big people, small kids cannot go (flat mouth)
Renee: What time you come back?
Mami: (Pointed at my watch) When the small needle reach here - 11pm
Renee: (walked us down to the car again, waived goodbye, then - "Bye-Bye Mami, bye-bye Babee, I see you ok..muakkk-muakkk"

Eversince you started talking and understanding, ah Ku told me not to lie to you, wherever we were going we would tell you and make sure you smile and acknowledge before we leave. He taught me to keep my promisses to you, never lie, never hide you and leave quietly and to be back at stipulated times. Now, i find it so easy to leave you whenever, i just have to tell, pat and kiss...

5 Comments:

Blogger ern's mummy said...

the lovable girl....

and hey y arthur KUNG KUNG ahh???

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

hey..same here, never lie to kids where we go!

Renee such a understanding girl hor!

Friday, February 10, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Egghead said...

I am sure Renee will grow up to be your best friend!

Friday, February 10, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ricket said...

Its true, as parents we have to be as truthful to the kid as possible. They will do what we do, and not what we say. Our actions are always a learning point for them.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Gee, Renee really understood what u explained to her? *clap clap clap* My Destinee will always want to follow us whenever we dressed up and we've to 'negotiate' with her when we go out.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home