Thursday, November 24, 2005

SAILO or SILO?

babee and i were at MV shopping for an overnight luggage bag when the phone rang and:-

Yap: "Silo tilted"
Babee: "Silo tilted? Oh shit! Head down or leg down? How now?
Mami: (grabbed babee's shirt, looked very worried and then asked) - what happened? who is calling? How is he?

Yap: "Tilted and about to collapse..."
Babee: "Oh but didn't collapse la, so he is ok la is it? get some men over la..."
Mami: (by then, my eyes was about to tear, jaws dropped and speechless) - is he ok?

Babee: Not your Sailo la, my Silo la....aiyaaaa....(returned to his conversation) my wife thought my son fell down la...aiyaaa...
Mami: "Damit!!! don't you ever scare me like that anymore, wana speak dont use stupid technical jargons la, what the f**k is a sailo anyway? got such word ah?" (took a deep breath, relieved but still shock over the dumb interpretation)
Babee: (got off the phone) aiyaa...it is S.I.L.O la (tower or airtight structure in which cement are stored) the 2 rocket looking thing ah!!! why you so stupid ah? how to be my wife?

Well by then the shock was recovering so i knocked his head, jumped on him and swallowed my saliva several times. I thank god that it was my stupidity and not what i thought it was. he was still laughing at me after an hour, i later joined in the laugh as i was relieved that it was just a joke...a good joke indeed...orelse...i will not be able to imagine the consequenses...


3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

hahaha... quite a shock hor :P both also pronounced the same

but i would've been just as ignorant if not for playing Dune, it was then I know a silo is airtight structure for storing dried goods la, like grains... so lesson is, "ta kei" also have it's uses wan LOL

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger ern's mummy said...

yalo... i would have misunderstood it as SAILO also, knowing your babee's pronounciation.
hahahha

Thursday, November 24, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Egghead said...

ah beng english?? LOL!

Thursday, November 24, 2005 3:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home