Monday, November 07, 2005

Reeve's BigDay!


Babee insisted to go for his weekly gym workout at The Curve, a.AM happens to call me for breakfast then, so mami brought je-je and you along. At the restaurant, I was asked if I could take care of both you kiddos and I courageously said Yes!

We walked in to the mall and you were crying sleepiness again, you rubbed your eyes and accidentally scratched it – the skin around your eyes swelled and it looked terribly bad. a.AM assured me if I let you sleep now, it would be ok later, we washed your eyes with Rayern’s drinking water and quickly pat you to sleep. Je-je was self-entertaining, she played at the machine car area and hopped from one to another, she always know when to do the right things (at times) while mami carried a 10kg baby round and round trying to comfort him to sleep… when babee came out from the gym, he asked if I had dropped you again? (i am reputable for that is it?) on the way back you slept and so I placed you to sleep while we change and bath je-je…

On the way to collect your cake, I felt as if I was going for a hot date or to meet a new boyfriend…it was that exciting to see your cake> I got in and the minute I laid eyes on the cake – I was flabbergasted! I was speechless for a while with my jaws wide opened when I saw the cuppas. There were all in all 20 cupcakes each carrying either Pokemon, Garfield, Mickey or other characters that is not from my era. Mami supposedly order for Sesame Street characters, but Pamela Jones called me at around 11am to say that the cake shop that sells these accessories have been closed since last week due to Raya…silly mami forgot to give her your name too…only last minute she added that in (and I call aunty Joanne amnesia..hahahaha)

We arrived Bangsar Village at 2.15pm and I brought you in to Gymboree thinking that they will let you 2 in early, still have to wait till15 to 3. all your friends arrived punctually and the gym started with a big smile – my boy is S.M.I.L.I.N.G!!!! you had so much fun, you rolled the cylinders and sat on the slides, a.AM took some nice pictures for us while mami view – cam the excitement. The babies were mostly scattered but we managed to compile them to play some pushing and rolling game with the help of the “tai kah cheh” (big sister) – R.E.N.E.E. She ordered the kids to be at one corner and then we started but not for long till they got distracted…

At Nandos, everyone enjoyed the chicken meal (atleast I know u.jeff and a.sandy did)...we cut the cake before you slept, initially you cried when we placed you on Lauren’s rubbery chair, but then when mami held you close, you were at ease. I did not know how to cut the cake, as it was just too beautiful to be eaten. Even the uncles came to ask where I got it from and how much and all…the kids were so eager to get a cupcake each, a.AM just wanted to EAT, a.sandy TOO and some had 3 rounds of the orange sponge cake. I think for je-je’s birthday I shall order this again (ok Joanne?) but I am skeptical as I do not want to hassle people again in to another birthday party, you know the gifts and all…I don’t know if I should do it, well, we will see, maybe a small one…

After that I did not remember much, I ate, you slept, je-je sliding and babee entertaining…the entire duration, I know I neglected je-je, she was mostly playing with jaylyn and ivan. I checked on her from time to time, but no hugs or kisses as I was, to be honest concern of your swollen eyes. But one thing I know, I heard your laughter and I know I did admire you from far when I was out smoking with the uncles.

Left around 6pm, got home, settled down, put you to sleep and I decided to open the presents with je-je and MM. at 8pm, we changed and went to watch Zorro!!!

Came back after the movie, I saw je-je still awake, I made a point to give her a huge, tight hug and many kisses to compensate for the day. I apologised to her for neglecting her, she nodded and continued playing with the toys – by the way, she has claimed possessions of those presents!

4 Comments:

Blogger ern's mummy said...

that really was a hard day for you, but it's all worth it. it was a great birthday though, for kids as well as we parents. just pray that the kids will make OUR birthday as fun.....

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:09:00 PM  
Blogger VP said...

thank you for the comment, i was scared that it was not up to expectations...BUT thank god, it turned out well especially when my boy approves with a LONG SMILE! worth it!
love the cake too, so u still want to eat it next month?

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:19:00 PM  
Blogger ern's mummy said...

next month YES please for 2R's mami's bday lo...

Monday, November 07, 2005 3:22:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

the cake was great, specially the fluffy cupcakes! yum... gonna send you the pictures, tried yesterday but gmail say kenot send zip file worr...

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home