Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Teething Time!
August 2, 2005 11:26AM (MYT)

yesterday morning as i was walking in to the office at around 9.15am, my colleagues had greeted me with an uneasy smile. i sat down, switched on my pc and approached Suns to check where Guna was this morning. He informed me that Guna's mother had passed away and he had just received a call from her at around 8.30am. So, we all went for the funeral wakes after work at around 8pm. I only managed to leave Klang at 10pm, had supper and reached home close to midnight. (11.30pm)
i told babee not to let me see you two first as us Chinese believes that our body is "unpleasant" after wakes and funerals. i immediately took my shower, changed all my clothes + undergarments, washed my watch and earring before entering the room to hold you two. I came into the room there was only you there - Reeve, Renee was obviously out partying again! I held you and you were unusually warm, not the sort of warmth that mothers get from their offsprings - but u were having fever!
I used the thermometer on you and it showed 36.8. So, I thought it was me over-reacting again. Then I called yaya's h/p to see where he had brought ur sister to this time. He picked up the call and said he was in front of my room - "open the door la". So, I opened the room door and there I saw my other quarter - Renee Yap Ynn. U preety, preety lil' thing, i missed u so much today...where have u been? i asked. She replied - "Renee go yum seng ahh..with yaya and ah ku and all my dad's friends name...
I gave her a quick wash, changed and made her feed within 8mins as I was already thrashed by then. She made me so happy by saying "mami, Renee wan oin-oin with ah-mi darleng tonight wo". So i sprung up and left her in ah-mi's room to check-in to my room instead.
At around 1.45am, Reeve, u made a little noice, moved alot and finally cried out loud. I touched your forhead again and this time it was burning! The thermostat indicated 37.7, I had a shock, babee got a pail of water, put half a block of ice in there and he carried u and drenched your forehead with the wet but cold cloth. Thank god, you were so calm and coorperative. U did not struggle at all, just nestled calmly in his arms and let him did whatsoever to u. You looked as weak as a strand of vegetable, i had changed by then, coz i wanted to bring u to the doc.
When we tested again before going, the temperature had reduced to 36.8 again. Babee did not let you sleep, he kept drenching your forehead as he said this is the fastest and most effective way to bring the temperature down. Durig other times, he may seem careless and negligent, but when it comes to times like these, he is very meticulous, precise and he just know what to do.
Slowly, u fell asleep and from time to time he checked on you and when morning came, babee got up a lil' later that usual - only at 7.30am to work. He carried u for a good 1 hour and monitored you the entire night while i K.O. He gave a peck on your forehead, sniffed u and rubbed ur petite hands to ensure u were alright...what a sweet daddy u have...awwww
U woke up at 8.30am and did not seem your usual self. U did not smile that much, like Rayern - no greetings but mami can understand...u r not feeling well ma...
I fed u strawberry flavoured fever medicine and u liked it...shortly after that mami left for work. So cham, my baby is sick and his mami had to go to work...but i will be coming home early today to see u ok. While ah ku was driving me to work this morning(no car coz babee had driven the Volvo), he mentioned that it could be due to the way kakak sweeps the floor, that is how u got sick...but i believe that it is because my little boy is growing to become a bigger boy now - he is teething!
Happy Teething Day Darling! (i know it is a torture, but this is part and puzzle of growing up ma bb...think on the bright side, with these teeth, u can bite people when they snatch your biscuit (hmmm..who can that be), chew "kai pei" and not only that, u can also give chicks "curry chicken" as well. U see, so usefull.
Reeve Yap Keyn - 2nd August 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home